[Rivet] HepData consistency

Holger Schulz holger.schulz at durham.ac.uk
Tue Oct 4 11:39:09 BST 2016

Hi,

I wrote a script that does some trivial checks for the reference
data files shipped with rivet and their counterpart obtainable from
HepData.

It generates reports which can be found here:

    https://users.hepforge.org/~holsch/HepDataRivetReports/

There is quite a number of inconsistencies.

Quite often in LHC analyses the dxy tags differ, a number of
ref data sets differ in the number of data points between rivet and hepdata
and of course there are several analyses where the data is not in hepdata
at all.

And then there are some "goodness of fit" issues where I compare
two scatters as such (can clearly be improved):

    def gof(P1, P2):
        chi=0.0
        for num, p in enumerate(P1):
            chi += (p.y - P2[num].y)
            chi += (p.yErrAvg - P2[num].yErrAvg)
            chi += (p.x - P2[num].x)
            chi += (p.xErrAvg - P2[num].xErrAvg)
        return chi

So yeah I don't really know what course of action to take but it seem
quite clear
that HepData and rivet have diverged quite substantially.

Holger