[Rivet] agile-runmc Alpgen

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Wed Sep 12 19:18:11 BST 2012

Hi Stefania,

I've also never run any Alpgen event files through AGILe, but I did
write some of the paramhandling code. Only three special Alpgen params
are handled (in AGILe's src/AlpGen/AlpGen.cc file): ALPGENFILE, IEXC,
and ETACLMAX -- a string, int, and double respectively.

ALPGENFILE is the name of the Alpgen partonic events file -- the others
would need to be looked up in the Alpgen docs, I think!

Note that this only does the MLM matching stage of Alpgen running. I'm
not familiar with Alpgen, although others on this list are, but I think
that steering card that you presented is for running Alpgen itself to
make those ME events, and is not something that would be translated into
the AGILe params, since AGILe only runs the showing step.

Andy

--
Dr Andy Buckley, SUPA Advanced Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.