[Rivet] CMS UE in DY events

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Fri Sep 28 13:22:56 BST 2012

On 27/09/12 15:56, Hendrik Hoeth wrote:
> Thus spake Andy Buckley (andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk):
>
>> Was this incorporated into Rivet?
>
> Uh, I fear not. Thanks for noticing!
>
>> We should maybe have some "official" submission route for analyses, so
>> that we don't lose track of them due to busyness, conferences, etc.
>
> Mmmmmmm ... any suggestions?

It's not my job to come up with actual answers, but just to make vague
and progressive-sounding statements about how things should be better :P

One possibility would be to use our bug/task tracker a lot more: if
opened up so that anyone can submit a ticket (is this already the case?
We had spam problems before, but a CAPTCHA would solve that) we could
ask that all new analysis code, data, etc. be submitted via tickets in a
"NewAnalysis" category, and ensure that that category's contents have
been emptied out before each release.

What do you think? This maybe requires a bit of Web/Trac work, but not a
huge amount and it would make use of a system that we already have, but
just haven't been using much (enough...) since the end of CEDAR.

Dr Andy Buckley, SUPA Advanced Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.